« Home | CEMETERY » | ANNIVERSARY OF THE HEART » | ROCK CAKES » | UNITED BY THE MOMENTS » | IRONING WITH MR.FORSTER » 

Sunday, April 02, 2006 

APRIL SHOWERS

At last Winter is upon us. Well here in Melbourne at least! The nights have been really cold and its been raining on and off since yesterday. Today I pulled out the winter throw rugs and began changing the feel of the house with little touches here and there. Summery tea cups were put away and replaced with more chunky, pottery type ones...(ideal for drinking hot chocolate on freezing nights). Deep bowls are ready and waiting for hot steaming soups. Tomorrow I will browse through the recipe books in search of some ideas for hearty comfort food. Im so looking forward to a snuggly, cozy Winter. How about you ?

Ah ha! I can gladly say that summer is on the way here (in England, anyway)! Having said that, despite it (supposedly) being spring, it feels more like winter today... I think the quilts will remain acessible for the next few weeks at least!

Thanks for the comment :)

I'm with you Maureen! I love winter, and I can't wait to be able to get the fire going - although here in Queensland it doesn't get THAT cold for long :)

Ah! I cannot image Christmas in Summer and Easter being cold!
Down under makes everything appera differently!

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Comic book car seat covers free ringtones Sample speech files for voip testing

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Cookie
  • From Australia
  • Im a Wife, Mother and Grandmother. Im passionate about my family and friends. I love cooking and entertaining and making my guests feel at home.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates