« Home | ON BEING A MOTHER » | AN OLD FAVOURITE » | LEST WE FORGET » | ANZAC DAY » | SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS » | ADVICE TO WIVES » | ADVICE TO HUSBANDS » | SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS » | HAPPY EASTER » | GOOD FRIDAY » 

Saturday, May 13, 2006 

A MOTHERS DAY TRIBUTE

I want to pay tribute to a special group of mothers who, this Sunday, may not be surrounded by their children or just not remembered by their children.

They are the mothers who are in nursing homes, old and frail or suffering from memory loss. For various reasons they have no visitors or have been abandoned altogether by their children.

Mothers who are nurturing and raising disabled children. Children who arn't able to make or buy a tiny gift or even say the words "Happy Mothers Day Mummy" These mothers deserve our praise and respect for their unfailing resolve to never give up on their children.

Single mothers who are bringing up kids on their own without the support of a spouse or family members. These mums are doing a wonderful job of parenting under difficult circumstances.

There is another group of mothers whose children have run away and never been found or their children have been taken from them. Some have been killed in accidents or in other unspeakable ways. Our thoughts and prayers are with them also.

And finally the mothers of soldiers,whose sons went off to a war and never came home. Their pain is also unbearable. They must live out the rest of their lives with a huge void in their hearts.


Thanks to the commercialization of Mothers Day over the years, we usually only see pictures of a contented mother being served breakfast in bed by gorgeous happy little children and a handsome Daddy looking on.

Lets try to remember the other group of Mums that I have just described. Mothering is the hardest most heartbreaking and joyous job in all the world and this special group of "forgotten" mums should always be in our thoughts.

I want to wish all my blogging friends a most happy day on Sunday. I wish you only to be wrapped in the love of your families, for that is truly the only gift we mothers really want on Mothers Day.

As a single Mum raising three little boys ~ one of whom has a disability ~ THANK YOU so much for your kind and beautiful words ~ they touched my heart like few would realise.

Much love to you too!

What a lovely site you have - thank you for your kind comments and your visit to my site - I am always so encouraged to meet likeminded women who believe in family and food - my favourite things!

What a thoughtful, beautiful tribute to those mothers who are too often forgotten. Well done!

such kind beauty you share!

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

Best regards from NY! » »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Cookie
  • From Australia
  • Im a Wife, Mother and Grandmother. Im passionate about my family and friends. I love cooking and entertaining and making my guests feel at home.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates