« Home | HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING DAUGHTER » | A MOTHERS DAY TRIBUTE » | ON BEING A MOTHER » | AN OLD FAVOURITE » | LEST WE FORGET » | ANZAC DAY » | SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS » | ADVICE TO WIVES » | ADVICE TO HUSBANDS » | SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS » 

Friday, May 19, 2006 

SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH 'A'

AROMAS My most favourite aromas, of course, come from the kitchen. A slow roasting chicken with potatoes, garlic and rosemary. A simmering rich tomato sauce for pasta. Homemade chicken soup…..the list goes on…..just inhale…….and enjoy!!


APRONS I have worn an apron since I was a little girl. I guess it was the era in which I grew up but I have photographs of me at Nursery School at age 3 and I was wearing one made by my mother. Later, I was educated by the Nuns and of course, an apron/coverall was part of the school uniform during school hours. Now that aprons are in vogue again…I have come full circle.


APPLES From the Garden of Eden to Ancient Rome and Greek Mythology, Apples are still the most loved and revered fruit of all. Crisp, juicy and refreshing, nothing is nicer than a fresh apple…preferably picked straight from the tree. My favourite recipe is Apple Crumble but then again I love Apple Pie. Oh I forgot about Tarte Tatin and then theres Spiced Apple Cake and Apple Sauce and Apple Juice and……..etc. etc. etc.


AMADEUS One of my all time favourite movies! Mozart has played a huge part in our families’ life. My son, now 26, has been playing the Flute since he was 8 years old. You can only imagine how many times we have listened to him practicing and playing the wonderful music of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.



ANGELS I believe in angels…don’t you? I believe that angels are all around us in different disguises. That nice man who pulled you out of the way of an oncoming car, or the elderly lady who gave the schoolboy money to buy another train ticket when he lost his rail pass. The friendly young girl who appeared from nowhere and asked me if I needed help when I was in a very dangerous situation. I am here today because "I was touched by an angel”


ABUNDANCE
Oxford Dict. ::quantity, more than enough, plenty, overflowing emotion.

I have a quantity of good friends…….more than enough of what I need to survive……….. I have plenty of good health………… and an overflowing emotion of love for my family.


AMORE Italian word for LOVE. My Love for Italy and all things Italian.
I was 21, single and lived in Rome for almost two years. My whole life changed after that experience. I changed. How could I ever be the same again? I was speaking fluent Italian after only 3 mths and I never wanted to live anywhere else for the rest of my life. Ciao Amore! Arrivederci Roma !

what a delicious list! i believe in angels too - i think they are everywhere, particularly in the blogging world :-) and happy birthday to your daughter - she is so beautiful, just like her mama i imagine...
Sx

I loved what you posted in Corey's comments re:harp...I totally agree :)
Now your list my favorite "angels" oh and my real name begins with "A":)

This list is perfect...and AMORE, what a passionate word from a passionate language!
You are so lucky to have lived there and I am certainly not at all surprised that it changed you!!
My dream is to travel through Italy ~ I've always had a connection to this wonderful Culture since I was little as my Father speaks fluent Italian and even though he is Greek, he grew up with Italians and when he migrated to Australia worked with them and his best friends were Italian...I can still hear him singing in Italian...Bella!!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Cookie
  • From Australia
  • Im a Wife, Mother and Grandmother. Im passionate about my family and friends. I love cooking and entertaining and making my guests feel at home.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates