« Home | SLEEP PEACEFULLY LITTLE ONE » | SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS » | PUPPY LOVE » | SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS » | SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH 'A' » | HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING DAUGHTER » | A MOTHERS DAY TRIBUTE » | ON BEING A MOTHER » | AN OLD FAVOURITE » | LEST WE FORGET » 

Thursday, June 01, 2006 

POETRY THURSDAY

DUST

Dust if you must, but wouldnt it be better
To paint a picture or write a letter.
Bake a cake or plant a seed,
Ponder the difference between want and need.

Dust if you must, but there isnt much time,
With rivers to swim and mountains to climb!
Music to hear and books to read,
Friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must, but the world's out there
With the sun in your eyes and the wind in your hair.
A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
This day will not come round again.

Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
Old age will come and it's not very kind.
And when you go, and go you must,
You, yourself, will make more dust.


Author Unknown

This poem touched me, it's simple yet its message so profound...
Definitely one to keep!

Well, I guess you know after dropping by Merryville today that I've been doing more than just a little dusting, but I promise I am trying very hard to make room in my life for simple pleasures too! Thank you for this nice poem.
I am so sorry to hear about your family's puppy.

This absolutely sums up my attitude towards a lot of mindless housework - dusting being top of that list! The only way to get through it is quickly, with the music turned up and a cup of tea and a piece of chocolate waiting as a reward! This lovely poem says it all - life is just too short. Have you got one about Ironing?

Best wishes, as ever

Do you ever wonder who writes these poems? Obviously someone who has 'been there, done that'! So sorry to read about the loss of the little pup. Very distressing for your little grand daughters.
{{hugs}}}

Love the poem. Very apt when I think of how much dust is in my house at the moment...lol.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of the puppy. How very sad for all of you.

I love this reminder of how so many things outweigh the importance of housework!

So sorry about your little puppy!

Hey!
Intresting whats think your car? immobilizer diagnostics ECUReader visa has cracked!

acura
acura abs sensor
acura remove
acura indication
acura error
acura dash board

Thank you!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Cookie
  • From Australia
  • Im a Wife, Mother and Grandmother. Im passionate about my family and friends. I love cooking and entertaining and making my guests feel at home.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates