« Home | HOME AGAIN » | POETRY THURSDAY » | SLEEP PEACEFULLY LITTLE ONE » | SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS » | PUPPY LOVE » | SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS » | SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH 'A' » | HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING DAUGHTER » | A MOTHERS DAY TRIBUTE » | ON BEING A MOTHER » 

Saturday, June 17, 2006 

A WINTER ROUTINE

Our son has gone back to his Army Base and things are getting back to normal again. Housework and Laundry need my attention now and of course a catch up of my favourite blogs as well. The weather is very cold here now and curling up on the couch to watch movies has been the usual routine each evening.
Thick soups and hearty casseroles have been on the menu and I love the fact that most of the winter fare is a one pot recipe. Less washing up is definitely a plus in these long dark evenings. I have taken up the knitting needles these past few weeks and finished a lovely lacy scarf for my daughter and Im working on one each for the little girls.
We are so looking forward to watching the Socceroos play tomorrow night and hope they make us proud once again. Go the Socceroos !!!!!

It is so interesting to hear about your cozy sounding winter routine just as we are entering into our summer. Though you wouldn
t know ir by our weather! It's been chilly and it rained quite a lot a couple of days this week. Hope it won't be too terribly long before you have another visit with your son.
The scarf sounds very pretty. I can't knit a stich!

What a great site » » »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Cookie
  • From Australia
  • Im a Wife, Mother and Grandmother. Im passionate about my family and friends. I love cooking and entertaining and making my guests feel at home.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates